Sunday, October 30, 2011

LAYLAH ALI ARTWORK





I preferred Laylah Ali's artwork because it has simplicity to it. I do not truly know the meaning behind all of his drawings but I like the fact that I can look at it and recognize what the objects or persons are in her art. Her artwork uses a lot of rhythm and repetition. Her style of rhythm and repetition was something I had never seen before until I witnessed it our Art Appreciation class. It really seems that her artwork is telling a story. Unfortunately, I might not understand her true interpretation of her art but I still appreciate it none the less. I also realized that her art work has a very "Sunday morning paper" comic type drawing to it to me. Her style of lines and the repetition of it makes her artwork fun and refreshing to look at. Everything is so unison and structured as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment